Learning Model Manager
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Head of Learning Model
Purpose of Role:
The Learning Model Manager will support leadership, supply direction and guidance in the design of the learning model that supports excellent student achievement. The Learning Model Manager will also support the development and implementation of strategic goals with regards to curriculum assessment and design in line with SPARK Schools network objectives.
- Coordinate and implement the overall planning, design and development of course content for the personalized learning model.
- Coordinate and plan the standardization of assessments for specific subject areas and relevant grades.
- Oversee successful implementation of the SPARK schools personalized learning model including the delivery of curriculum content and assessments in line with the network objectives.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the learning model including content, delivery of curriculum and assessment, in order to meet the network objective of a globally competitive educational platform.
- Review and present assessment data to relevant stakeholders to ensure that the achievement of academic goals remain a priority within the network.
- Co-creates, identifies and researches best practice to support high academic achievement.
- Provides input into the professional development of instructional, operational and leadership staff to support the network objectives. Takes responsibility for the effective implementation of skills development.
- Support compliance of academic standards in line with global trends and current South African legislative requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Support the integrity of academic and student data. Enforce compliance with ethical standards guided by the company values and mission.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in education.
- SACE Accreditation.
- 3 to 5 years experience within a primary, secondary or high school educational environment.
- 3 years people management experience.
- Proven track record in high student achievement or in the development of academic curriculum content.
Skills and Mindset
- Ability to lead the curriculum and assessment personalized learning model team in the day-to-day operations with the result of a collaborative, cohesive and efficacy-based team of committed employees.
- Ability to collaborate – Proactively works in partnership with others to achieve a common goal or necessary objective; builds rapport and cooperative relationship with others; establishes and maintains strong relations with relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member – Informs, involves and seeks input from others by sharing important relevant information, in a timely fashion, with all affected parties. Places higher priority on team and network goals and long term strategy.
- Ability to communicate effectively – Effectively conveys reliable accurate information so that the recipients clearly understand its intent. Uses appropriate written, verbal or electronic communication form to disseminate information. Develops an acute sensitivity to the issue of timely involvement of all decision-makers to any process.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality – Makes effective business decisions regarding with whom to discuss sensitive and confidential information. Respects the privacy of others and maintain the confidentiality of information to which exposed. Consistently uses good business judgment, guided by the Ethics Policy.
- Strategic Vision and Agility - ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa