2019 Maths Teacher
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalised education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools Maths teachers drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour, and academic growth for all students. SPARK Schools Maths teachers are content specialists, they also receive ongoing professional development customised for their past experience and individual needs. Maths Teachers are integral to the SPARK Schools’ “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars
- Plan for and be prepared to deliver lessons to students from 7:45 - 4:00pm daily within content area of specialisation.
- Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences and to create individualised behaviour and learning plans for students.
- Attend pre-service professional development before the school year begins and attend weekly professional development every Monday afternoon.
- Administer weekly and termly assessments to track student progress and analyse the data for student growth.
- Communicate professionally with colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Nurture a high achieving work environment where all students feel genuinely valued and supported.
- Implement SPARK Schools Social Emotional Learning curriculum.
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
○ B.Ed. degree or PGCE. Recently qualified teachers encouraged to apply!
○ Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE).
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full Time
- Johannesburg- Bramley, Cresta, Ferndale, Kempton Park, Maboneng, Randpark Ridge, Rynfield, Turffontein, Witpoortjie, Weltevredenpark
- Midrand- Carlswald, Midrand
- Pretoria- Centurion, Silver Lakes, Theresa Park, Les Marais
- Western Cape
- Stellenbosch- Lynedoch
- Group Life Cover