Internal Sales Agent
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalised education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Purpose of the Position:
As a Sales Agent you will play a key role in the day to day operations of the Sales Team.
As the first point of contact with customers, existing parents, academic and school operations team members, you will play an integral role in providing memorable and delightful customer experiences across all communication channels. You will act as a single point of contact for all internal and external stakeholders, including the handling of all their queries or challenges with a sense of urgency. You will be required to take ownership and be accountable until a resolution is reached.
As a representative, you will need to supply information to potential customers about the product, follow up with current clients about satisfaction, and solicit new customers. Additionally, customer input is provided to developers and researchers to supply information about potential future products.
Your role will entail proactively managing leads and converting prospects or opportunities to finalise their online application forms. You will continuously follow up with prospective parents to ensure quick turnaround times for application finalisation and the submission of all the required documentation within Service Level Agreements.
You will create a positive and long lasting impression and relationships that both parties will value. Your days will be consumed by telephonic conversations, email, web chat and face to face from time to time.
A SPARK Schools representative facilitates student recruitment and enrolment in the SPARK Schools network by ensuring that our schools are fully enrolled with committed local families.
The SPARK Schools Support mission is to create systemic change in South African education and this role will be key to helping achieve this
- Sell SPARK products and focus on filling up our Schools Network to 100%.
- Handle unsolicited queries and contact potential clients
- Answer inbound calls from customers, existing parents, academic and school operations staff members with regards to all their queries and administrative requirements
- Update information on Salesforce and other relevant platforms utilised in fulfilling the required tasks
- Provide quality customer service and engagement on every request for information and clearly communicate with customers, existing parents, academic and school operations staff
- Provide differentiated service based on the needs of the customer, parent, academic and school operations staff
- Effectively diagnose customer needs via phone, web chat, email and other available omni-channels. You will work closely with the Marketing Team immediately resolve service delivery failures via social media and other channels once diagnosed
- Deliver relevant solutions that demonstrates understanding of customers, parents, academic and school operations staff needs
- Be a strong brand ambassador who can deliver exceptional service to customers, parents, academic and school operations staff
- Deliver memorable positive experiences for every prospective parent and stakeholder
- Accurately and confidently handle all customer, parent, academic and school operations staff enquiries using troubleshooting skills, effective communication, active listening and problem solving skills
- Act as a subject matter expert on all enrolment and admissions related processes and procedures
- Assist in liaising with leads to facilitate the setting up of meetings where required (School Tours, Self Service Workstation Bookings etc)
- Actively engage all leads (Expressions of Interest) received within the required service levels to ensure the team achieves specified conversion ratios
- Be customer focused and strive to convert first call resolution results
- Work directly with the Processing Team to ensure opportunities are converted and scholars are placed in their respective grades and schools timeously
- Pro-actively defuse problems or issues and provide feedback to the respective teams impacted or affected
- Champion enhanced customer satisfaction levels, loyalty, advocacy and positive word of mouth
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our customer service and suggest continuous process improvements and Salesforce system enhancements to ensure customer satisfaction exceeds expected service levels and sales targets are reached
- Build relationships in the communities where our schools are situated and engage families with pre-primary and primary school-aged children (this will include high school children as SPARK grows) in those communities
- Collaborate with school leaders and office managers to ensure that all enrolment information is transmitted to school sites as per the agreed policies and procedures
- Participate in and drive own professional development
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK events and with all stakeholders
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community
- Actively participate in School Open Days
- Adhoc activities and tasks as agreed from time to time
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Matric (Essential)
- Computer Literate
- Undergraduate Degree / Diploma (Preferred)
- Customer Experience or Sales Certification/Training (Preferred)
- Valid driver’s license (optional)
Experience (in one or more of the areas below)
- At least 2 years demonstrable experience meeting and exceeding sales targets
- At least 2 years in a customer centric contact centre and/or customer facing environment
- At least 2 years in a telesales and/or sales operational environment
Skills and Mindsets
- Focus first and foremost on students and their families, demonstrating a positive“whatever it takes” attitude
- Must be able to read and write English at a professional level. Digital dexterity (typing) is required
- Knowledge of the internet is required. Must be able to use email.
- High levels of accountability and ownership to meet sales targets
- Detail focused and completes tasks timeously
- Collaborate and operate with a team mindset
- Show humility and appreciate respectful and constructive feedback
- Seek to innovate, grow professionally, and share leading practices.
- Multitask and demonstrate efficiency in time management and lead conversion
- Gather data, compile information from multiple sources, and present findings clearly
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Celebrate successes and engage in solutions-oriented thinking when presented with a challenge
- Enthusiasm and willingness to work is essential. Must enjoy the challenge of making contact with customers
- Ability to speak isiZulu or another comparable language is an advantage.
Compensation: Market Aligned
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa