About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model,
which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalised education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Purpose of Role
SPARK Schools is looking for a Developer with broad and deep technical knowledge across industries, best practices, and products. You will use your expertise and leadership skills around cloud computing to design scalable solutions
on Google Cloud, Salesforce and other implementation architectures.
SPARK Schools is currently rolling out a core enterprise system strategy, and needs the candidate to lead the technical implementation of this. We are looking for someone who is eager to experiment and innovate in the education technology field, and is looking to use new technologies in exciting ways to benefit our network.
● Provide subject matter expertise around technical infrastructure and applications.
● Define the detail system and integration architecture.
● Define the business case for solutions, design the solution to help prototype and develop the customer’s new environment, and guide the solution through to production deployment.
● Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers.
● Lead the Systems Development team and ensure that system deliverables are of a high standard and meet the business requirements.
● Ensure that code is maintained in repositories, and implement and manage a Continuous Integration approach.
● Up-skill and support the development team and accomplishes programming project requirements by coaching programmers.
● Meet programming standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying work process improvements; implementing new technology.
● Plan programming projects by confirming program objective and specifications with clients.
● Arrange program specifications by confirming logical sequence and flowcharts; researching and employing established operations.
● Verify program operation by confirming tests.
● Prepares programmers by providing educational opportunities.
● Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
● Accomplishes department and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Required Technical Abilities
● Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies.
● Proven history of delivering complex development projects.
● Strong knowledge of user interfaces and UX design principles, ideally having worked with front-end frameworks such as Material Design.
● Strong knowledge of HTML technologies and web frameworks
● Experience with both SQL, NoSQL and in-memory database design, creation and maintenance.
● Essential to have experience with the Google Cloud Platform.
● Have worked with JIRA and agile.
● Salesforce development experience.
● ERP software experience.
● Cloud based Enterprise Service Bus / Middleware layer and integration approaches.
● Google Firebase and mobile app development.
● Student Information System experience.
● Payment gateway / billing
● BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, or equivalent practical work experience in a software/systems engineering position.
● 4 years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data) and working with a variety of technology systems, designing solutions, or developing business applications.
● Experience in the business technology market, and expertise working closely with teams in cloud computing or related technical fields
● Deep understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models
● Can communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way for broad audiences, empowering them with memorable and useful information
Compensation: Market Aligned.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing Date: Tuesday 13 February 2019