About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable independent schools implementing Africa’s first personal learning model for students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our personal learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The personal learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalised education at an affordable cost.
Reports To: Systems and Technology Manager
Purpose of Role:
The business analyst will work with the Systems team to implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners and leading project and change management initiatives. In addition, you will be required to develop, improve and maintain business processes within the network.
Systems Solutions and Process Design & Optimisation
- Developing technical solutions to business problems by defining, analyzing and documenting requirements.
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand the structure, policies and operations of the business and recommend solutions to achieve set goals
- Facilitating design sessions with the system users to define the solution.
- Acting as a “translator” between the business and IT
- Working with stakeholders at all levels as defined by the specific project
- Improving the quality of the products and services delivered by IT
- Assisting with integration and acceptance testing
- Supporting the development of training and implementation material
- Work closely with implementation team to facilitate change management and implementation strategy
- Providing support during and post implementation advantageous.
Business Process Improvement
- Custodian of all business processes within the network.
- Manage business process projects that include hosting workshops for information gathering.
- Map and document current business processes throughout the network.
- Manage the process of change requests, process improvement, make recommendation to business network on ideas to improve and streamline the process and systems.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Completed relevant diploma or degree in a related field.
- 3 to 5 years experience as a Business Analyst is essential
- Experience working in a Start-Up or Scale-Up organisation would be advantageous
- Experience with CRM and ERP implementations would be advantageous.
- Experience in Technology Project Management would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Business Processes relating to: Billing, Workflow, Customer Relationship Management, Procurement, Operations, Human Capital Management and Finance would be advantageous.
Skills and Mindset
- Business Process Modelling/Engineering based on BPMN
- Proven analytical and conceptualisation skills.
- Strong business analysis, meeting facilitation, project and time management skills.
- Able to communicate, both verbal and written, effectively with all levels of the business including technical writing skills
- Understanding of systems and process engineering concepts
- The ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Business case development
- Modeling techniques and methods
- Displays grit, high level of excellence, is mission & vision aligned and service oriented (GEMS).
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa