About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary and high school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provides transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: CEO
Purpose of Role:
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the entire network in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.
- Managing all marketing for the network and activities within the marketing department.
- Developing the marketing strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
- Coordinating marketing campaigns which includes content marketing and PR campaigns aligned with sales activities.
- Strategic use of the company’s marketing budget by constantly monitoring data, trends and channels.
- Strategically collaborating with the property and sales team regarding activities to ensure demand is created in potential property sites and leads resulting in anticipated conversion ratios
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Responsible for the research and monitoring of brand equity.
- Development, monitor and reporting on the effectiveness of the various communications strategy.
- Creating different marketing materials that align with the SPARK brand and the marketing strategy.
- Strong vendor management of deliverables to be on time and on budget.
- Maintain effective internal communications, through the Ignite platform, to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
- Researches and analyses of market trends, demographics, pricing schedules, competitor products, and other relevant information to proposed evidence-based marketing strategies.
- Works with marketing staff to develop detailed marketing plans for all media channels and sales teams and ensure that it is implemented.
- Approving all marketing materials written by the Communications Officer and External Agencies. for all marketing collateral, including brochures, letters, emails and websites.
- Approves and oversees the creative development of promotional materials, website content, advertisements, and other marketing-related projects.
- Written and verbal communication with a proficiency appropriate to executive engagement.
- Adjusts marketing campaigns and strategies as needed in response to collected data and other feedback.
- Producing an accurate summary of total return on investment for all existing campaign(s) spend per campaign and business case drafting for new campaigns.
- Undertaking detailed ongoing analysis of all marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met.
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in Marketing or related field
- Postgraduate degree in Marketing or related field
- 7 to 10 years experience in a marketing field
- 5 years management experience
Skills and Mindset
- Intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Vendor and Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Professional judgment and discretion
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc
- Displays grit, a high level of excellence, is mission & vision aligned and displays high levels of self-reflection (GEMS)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing date: 15 February 2019