About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Head of Finance
Purpose of Role:
The Procurement Manager will manage all supply operations for products and services, overseeing multiple responsibilities. The Procurement Manager should be committed to discovering cost-effective deals and suppliers to build partnerships with, allowing the company to invest in growth and people.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or similar.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience operating at scale or in a rapid-growth, rapid-scale business in service, retail or a similar sector.
- Successful work experience as a Procurement Manager, or another relevant role.
- Strong working knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as an aptitude for reading the market
- Significant experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Experience in the implementation of supplier or third-party management software would be advantageous
- Liaises with key company employees to determine their product and service needs.
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times.
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company.
- Assesses total costs of company purchases.
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing, and distributing goods or services and maintaining stock levels.
- Oversees a team of purchasing agents.
- Research skills to discover profitable suppliers; work with vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Manage workflow from initiation to completion (of both purchased orders and deliveries).
- Thoroughly examine and test existing contracts.
- Prepare risk management for supply contracts and agreements.
Skills and Mindset
- Exceptional talent in negotiating and networking.
- Solid knowledge of supplier or third-party management software.
- Outstanding decision-making skills and ability to work well with numbers.
- Significant experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Excellent, mature leadership capabilities.
- Displays grit, high level of excellence, is mission & vision aligned and displays a high level of self-reflection (GEMS).
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South'
Closing date - 7 June 2019
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.