Office Manager - SPARK Centurion
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: School Operations Manager
Purpose of Role:SPARK Schools office managers liaise with parents, welcome visitors, and ensure the accurate administration of enrolment and student information records. Office managers are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
- Maintain accurate student information records on the student information system, including daily student attendance.
- Provide school tours to prospective parents and serve as a liaison during the enrolment process, including collecting personal documentation for enrolment files.
- Assist in managing day-to-day facilities and maintenance issues, including facilitating visits by maintenance suppliers.
- Receive delivery of supplies.
- Perform clerical duties, including answering phones, taking and distributing messages, and corresponding with parents and staff members via e-mail.
- Responsible for assisting with the completion of the aftercare billing spreadsheet, overseen by the School Operations Manager
- Volunteer hours, tracking and reporting.
- Responsible for staff attendance, tracking and reporting.
- Attend to sick or injured children and liaise with parents/guardians about their children.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with school staff as required. Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- English language fluency
- Police clearance certificate
- Grade 12 certificate
- Certificates in administration
- First aid certificate
- Three to four year degree or NQF level 6 qualification
- Previous experience managing or working with primary school-aged children.
- Customer service.
- Basic understanding of labour laws
- Skills and Mindset
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: SPARK Centurion
Closing date - Sunday 19 May 2019
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.