About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Purpose of Role:
The Facilities Co-ordinator drives student achievement in the SPARK Schools network by ensuring SPARK Schools are serviced, maintained and operate efficiently and consistently. The Facilities Co-ordinators leadership in the SPARK Schools network is integral to the SPARK Schools mission to create systemic change in South African education.
This is a position for a person who understands what it means to own their portfolio, who has a mature, realistic, understanding of their capabilities, and who has the confidence in their ability to deliver against demanding expectations.
The Facilities Co-ordinator serves as the central point of contact for the management and administration of service delivery to schools. This role works closely with the Health & Safety Officers, Project Managers and school leaders.
- Ownership and administration of the service desk system for the respective regional property portfolio.
- Ensure maintenance of buildings by requesting repairs or contracting maintenance services as needed and according to budget structure.
- Allocation of tasks and requests to the appropriate Facilities Maintenance Staff, School Operations Manager and External Vendors.
- Ensure that all services are administered according to the service level agreements and service catalogue.
- Management of external service providers and contractors.
- Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facilities.
- Prepare timely, accurate & professional (internal and external) reports.
- Maintain excellent relations with all stakeholders including funders/financiers, contractors and regulators.
- Provide general support to the division
- Maintain and execute PPM schedules
- Ensure all security and soft services are managed.
- Complete weekly checklists and report all non-compliant items.
- Ensure all purchase requisitions are uploaded timeously and invoices submitted on time. Supervise and train facility employees and contractors as needed.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Relevant Facilities qualification.
- N3 - N6 in Engineering would be advantageous
- SAFMA Registered Professional Preferred.
- 5 years of facilities/operations management experience with a portfolio of commercial property assets.
- Project management experience with knowledge of the built environment, design, construction systems and related management strategies highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of compliance as well as Occupational Health and Safety Legislation.
Skills and Mindset
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationships.
- Willing to work after hours if and when required.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize.
- An organised and methodical approach.
- The ability to work on strict deadlines and targets.
- Good negotiation skills.
- The ability to explain financial matters firmly and clearly.
- Basic accounting knowledge - figure orientated.
- Administrative and computer skills.
- Excellent work standard and ethics.
- Ability to participate as a team member and achieve agreed objectives.
- Self-motivated with a strong drive to deliver.
- Able to problem solve.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact, grace and style.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment. Displays grit, high level of excellence, is mission & vision aligned and displays a high level of self-reflection (GEMS).
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing date - 19 May 2019 at 22:00
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.