About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provide transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively. The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven entrepreneurial organisation, operating 20 primary schools and 1 high school and serving over 10,500 families. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Head of Marketing
Purpose of Role:
The Marketing Officer is the custodian of creative above the line (ATL) and below the line (BTL) brand communications and manages the execution of the strategic marketing plans for the SPARK Schools network in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones. This role ensures the timely production of quality marketing collateral that drives brand awareness, supports the sales team in terms of lead generation and assists customer retention through various marketing initiatives. The Marketing Officer’s leadership in the SPARK Schools network is integral to the SPARK Schools Support mission to create systemic change in South African education.
- Generate the SPARK Schools marketing execution plans in line with the marketing strategy.
- Meet lead targets, to support enrolment of scholars, through various marketing and branding activities.
- Report on lead generation activities to support the enrolment function.
- Meet Net Promoter Score (NPS) targets through various marketing and branding strategies.
- Develop and execute ATL and BTL marketing campaigns in collaboration with creative agencies.
- Analyse return on investment (ROI) across BTL and ATL marketing channels and report on results.
- Organise and manage open days across the network.
- Manage creative agency outputs and ensure quality control and brand alignment.
- Manage media agency outputs and ensure strategic alignment with business goals.
- Ensure all marketing collateral has consistent look and feel according to brand guidelines.
- Manage production of marketing collateral including signage, printed material and branded corporate merchandise.
- Conduct research on competitors and industry trends
- Ensure that marketing deliverables are produced in line with deadlines
- Build and maintain the SPARK Schools brand
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools Support to SPARK Schools Support staff and SPARK Schools staff, scholars, families, and the greater community
- Identify new opportunities to drive brand building and increase lead generation
Qualifications:The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in marketing, advertising, communications or a related field
- 2-4 years of experience in marketing or a closely related field
- Experience working in/with advertising and media agencies essential
Skills and Mindset
- Writing skills - excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Speaking skills - presentation skills, sensitivity to an organisation’s goals and values and the ability to relay them to employees
- Interpersonal skills - good interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Confidence to present and explain communication techniques to senior executives
- Creative skills - creative ability to devise brand communications
- Digital skills - familiarity with information technology in a marketing context
- Being able to work within a team
- Project Management Skills essential; attention to detail. methodical and highly organised, able to work to deadlines, able to prioritise projects and tasks
- Having competent knowledge about our organisation
- Displays grit, high level of excellence, is mission & vision aligned and displays a high level of self-reflection (GEMS)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa
Closing date - Sunday 28 April 2019 at 22:00
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.