Primary School isiZulu Teacher
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalised education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools FAL teachers drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour, and academic growth for all students. SPARK Schools FAL teachers are content specialists, who receive ongoing professional development customised for their past experience and individual needs.
FAL Teachers are integral to the SPARK Schools’ “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
- Plan for and be prepared to deliver lessons to students from 7:45-3:30pm daily (depending on grade level assignment and timetable) within content area specialisation.
- Grade R and 1 Teachers to assist and facilitate SPARK Design.
- Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences and to create and implement high quality individualised behaviour and learning plans for students.
- Participate actively all scheduled professional development sessions.
- Administer Formative and termly assessments to track student progress and analyse the data for student growth.
- SPARK Educators should have a core focus on student achievement and should drive all scholars to meet the required proficiency ratings
- Lead weekly SEL (Social Emotional Learning) circles.
- Use SPARK culture and implement behaviour management strategies.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Nurture a high achieving work environment where all students feel genuinely valued and supported.
- Implement SPARK Schools Social Emotional Learning curriculum.
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.Implement strategies implemented by the Crisis Management team. Adhere to the child protection, anti-bullying and health and safety policy.
- Attend Saturday events and parent community meetings.
- Submit student results data when required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- B.Ed. degree or PGCE. Recently qualified teachers encouraged to apply!
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)
- English language fluency
- Fluency in isiZulu
- Police clearance certificate
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
R 19 800 per month cost to company
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Randburg, Gauteng
Benefits: Group Life Cover
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.