SPARK Randburg High School - Blended Learning Facilitator
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary and high school scholars in South Africa. SPARK Schools provides transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates scholar achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their scholars effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate scholar needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools Senior phase blended learning facilitators drive student achievement by overseeing the culture and effectiveness of online learning, project-based learning, and independent student work time. SPARK Schools blended learning facilitators work directly with students in whole class, small group, and individual settings.
- Create a positive student culture around online learning and independent work time and maintain high behavioural expectations for all students.
- Create and maintain a conducive learning environment in all learning environments with all students.
- Actively assist students on all computer programs and ensure that the educational software used in the lab effectively meets the needs of students.
- Create and submit lesson plans for project-based learning, in collaboration with senior phase teachers.
- Communicate and collaborate with teachers and school administrators to create personalised learning plans for students.
- Pilot innovative ideas, technology and curriculum for the SPARK High school model. Collect data and analyse outcomes of pilot products. Liaise continuously with the High school model team to relay data and feedback.
- Use SPARK culture and behaviour management strategies and engage with scholars to develop character and maximise scholar experience.
- Ensure all educational resources and assets are used responsibly and effectively.
Report all damages to hardware to the School Operations Manager and fill out relevant incident reports if needed.
- Optimize timetables to ensure learning time is managed well.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- 3rd/4th year BEd student in the Senior/FET phase preferably studying CSI/ICS/CAT
- SACE provisional registration.
- Clear criminal record - valid police clearance
- Clear credit record - valid ITC check
- Previous experience managing or working with primary school-aged children
- Basic computer skills and willingness to learn new technology
- Preferably, studying part time towards a B.Ed. or PGCE, with a view to becoming a qualified teacher
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Randburg, Johannesburg.